skoah is a Vancouver based retailer of skincare products and services, with a number of physical locations across Canada and the US that operate alongside our eCommerce business. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable individual to join our team.
As Controller for the Group, you’ll be involved across the breadth of what we do, providing financial, commercial, and operational support to the business and the executive. If you’re looking for the next step in your accounting career, love taking the initiative and thrive in a dynamic environment then please get in touch!
This is a permanent, full time role joining the head office team at our Store Support Centre in Vancouver, BC.
Your role at skoah:
- Prepare and monitor cashflow forecasting, regular budgeting and other planning and analysis
- Prepare, review and analyze reporting for a range of stakeholders, including financial performance, KPIs and other operational performance metrics
- Manage the full-cycle accounting process for the Group, including overseeing the AR and AP functions, regulatory remittances and management of the wider finance team
- Prepare year-end entity and consolidated financial statements and work with external providers through the annual review engagement
- Manage inventory forecasting and ordering, and oversee logistics and fulfillment
- Liaise effectively with banks and our other external service providers
- Provide financial accounting support and training to the franchise system
- Identify and execute on opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies
What you’ll bring to skoah:
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Proven success as a full-cycle accountant
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- An awesome attitude, with the ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved
- Strong problem solving initiative and decisive decision making approach
- Great interpersonal and time management skills
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Prior experience with the retail industry an asset
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for then please apply. Don’t forget to share with us what you love about skoah and what skoah will love about you!